Tuesday, January 20, 2009

invitation madness

My invitations lady is having trouble finding the right shade of green for my invitations. Siiiigh. Apparently neither of her regular paper suppliers have anything that's right and so now she has to order online and blah blah blah. Seriously, I didn't think emerald green was that hard. However, apparently what I think is "emerald" is actually lighter/brigher than true emerald, which the paper industry seems to think is something like "shiny hunter green." Here's the bridesmaids' dress:



Am I wrong? Isn't that "emerald"? Have I been misnaming my oh-so-vital "wedding colors" all this time?

Also, she just sent me a mock-up of what it might look like. I was so excited about them when we designed them, which has been nearly a month ago now, and now I'm feeling...ambivalent. The Mister says they're "fine" but doesn't like that the response card has M______________ where the recipient writes in his/her name. I told him that was standard and I'm still not sure he believed me. I have been trying to figure out how to edit the invitation (it's in PDF) form so as not to have my last name plastered all over the interwebs to no avail.

Edited: WAIT, success??!



So, what do you think? I promise it looks better with our names and the address written in there, and if you ask real nice and I don't think you're a crazy person, I might just email it to you unedited.

Also, yes, I know the wording is wonky. I will not be inviting people to attend my marriage--I will be inviting them to my wedding. Hopefully our marriage will be long, and have at least a few private moments.