Saturday, January 24, 2009

help, I need somebody

I have trouble asking for favors, generally. Unless it's someone I'm really close to and who I do favors for pretty regularly, I just try to avoid it. This is a big part of why I'm doing so much of the wedding stuff either on my own or through the help of paid vendors.

That being said, my uncle and cousin are both musicians. They both play guitar, my uncle plays the mandolin, and they both sing. They play in bands, but mostly I know them for playing Christmas carols at our family Christmas or sing-alongs at the summer family reunion. Oh, and they're good. So I really would like for them to play at the wedding rather than some random musician I find through The Knot or something. But that means I have to ask them to play at the wedding, and that is hard.

I was going to ask at Thanksgiving. But then I got sick and lost my voice completely.

I was going to ask at Christmas. But then I got sick and slept through 90% of Christmas day. (Are we seeing a theme? Maybe I need more Vitamin C.)

But more than being sick, I also was just a big ol' chicken shit. So today, finally, I emailed them. I'll let you know what they say.